Artificial Intelligence (AI) is fast changing the digital landscape. Technology that incorporates AI is changing the way brands market themselves in sweeping ways. Artificial Intelligence analyzes data at lightning speed, making targeted marketing faster, easier, and more effective than ever before.
Natural language processing plays a large role in the explosive application of AI. Natural language processing allows machine learning to understand, interpret, and use human language in a meaningful way. When AI-enhanced software can learn to understand language and draw conclusions based on language, then it has a profound impact on how data is interpreted.
Marketing was once based on intuition and saturating markets hoping to reach the right customer base. Now, it is a data-based science with a laser focus on potential customers. With the implementation of AI, digital marketing companies can now target the needs of customers with informative and valuable content.
New levels of AI, based on natural language processing, can use machine learning models that recommend content based on a viewer’s mood. Skype was the first major brand to implement this type of AI. The natural language processing allows the AI to interpret the mood of a user, and make recommendations based on the identified mood. Mood identification is a relatively new concept in marketing, with far-reaching implications.
As customers get used to the personalized results from brands like Spotify, Amazon’s Alexa, and other well-known AI-based products, they will start to expect the same level of customization from other brands. Though there is always some resistance to new technology, the overall trend shows that consumers quickly adapt and then prefer the same level of service.
The benefits of AI on digital marketing include:
- Increased efficiency in media buying. In using algorithms and machine learning, digital marketing agencies remove much of the guesswork from media planning and buying.
- AI can provide audiences with increasingly relevant messages. The age of generic marketing is over.
- AI helps digital marketing agencies create ads that are optimized for the most appropriate customer base.
- Marketers see a significant increase in their returns on investments (ROI) for marketing campaigns.
In 2019,top-performing companies were twice as likely to used AI-based marketing solutions. AI provides more insight into sales cycles, and analytics provide a precise analysis of what works best in current marketing campaigns, and what does not provide the desired ROI. Analytics, driven by AI, give a clear insight into how prospective customers make their buying decisions. Deep learning functions of AI can then offer suggestions, based on prior results, about changing marketing strategies to fit the needs of potential customers better.
New advantages of AI in marketing and sales
How AI impacts the costs associated with digital marketing
- Artificial Intelligence in digital marketing is cutting costs by providing more personalized content and controls what a user sees while browsing a website.
- AI tracks customer spending habits and keeps a detailed record of their preferences, such as what type of blog kept them engaged, or what content was placed in the cart on a previous visit.
- AI assimilates the above information to suggest similar products or content.
- AI reduces marketing costs by cutting the need for broad marketing campaigns that strove for a broad, generic appeal.
- AI-driven analytics saves incalculable time that marketers once spent trying to make sense of data sets. Now, lightening fast analysis can provide in-depth information in a matter of seconds.
Artificial Intelligence will soon be necessary for a business to remain competitive in the world of digital marketing. In every industry touched by AI, there is a concern over the loss of jobs once done by humans that can now be done by AI. Instead, what research has found is that artificial intelligence takes over the tedious and mundane tasks. This frees employees to focus on the creative side of marketing, such as designing campaigns, forging client relationships, and creating quality content.
AI is here to stay, and the faster companies accept the changes the technology will bring, the more they will benefit from all that artificial intelligence can do. Instead of making marketing a computerized job that removes human connection, AI can increase customer loyalty by creating a more personalized relationship between businesses and customers.