There are many factors to consider when optimizing your digital marketing strategy. One question that often comes up is whether to run a PPC campaign or to focus your efforts on gaining Organic SEO traffic. When done the right way, organic traffic is the better option, providing more volume and a better cost per lead than any paid search campaign. So, why should you even consider using paid search? When first getting started, it may be hard for a business to gain attention, and running a PPC campaign will get your name out on search quicker than anything else.
In order to decide if you will use paid search, organic search, or a combination of both, it is important to know your budget and develop an understanding of how your target market is using the internet to search for your services. This article will provide a comparative analysis on running a PPC Campaign or gaining Organic SEO traffic, the benefits of using them both at the same time as well as provide ways to help your business effectively gain organic traffic.
Comparative Analysis: PPC Campaign or Organic SEO traffic
What is a PPC Campaign?
PPC stands for pay-per-click and this is a form of advertising where you pay each time someone clicks to view your ad. Google allows you to display ads as sponsored in Google’s Search Engine Results page for your choice of keywords. These sponsored ads will appear above the organic listings on the results page.
- Paid Ads are featured at the top of the screen and are placed on the search engine based on search demographics.
- Paid Ads will charge you every time someone clicks on your ad.
What are some benefits of a PPC campaign?
- PPC ads are more likely to be visible to your target audience. They are placed at the top of the screen and are tailored to specific demographic groups.
- PPC ads will have more calls to actions then normal organic traffic, directing the target audience exactly where you want them to go.
- You can have a lot of freedom and creativity when running PPC ad campaigns in deciding where to place creative images and taglines.
- A PPC campaign can be created in just a few days and is instantly visible to your audience and customers.
- You can run agile PPC campaigns, testing different copy or creative and choose which one to continue using based on optimal feedback.
- Everything on your PPC campaign can be measured and you can track your conversions directly.
- You have the ability to integrate Google Analytics and track which keywords have the highest conversions.
What is Organic SEO?
Google is constantly transforming the delivery of results to people who search for and access information online. Now, more than ever, search engines reward websites that provide unique, relevant content and information. Organic search engine optimization is the accumulation of numerous on page and off page efforts that will together contribute to the overall goal of increasing traffic to your brand’s website.
How can you gain Organic SEO Traffic?
- By using targeted keywords and content directly on your website, you are able to gain trust from the search engines and place your business in front of potential customers.
- Build traction by using key search terms and informational content answering potential questions related to your business and your services.
- Having your site ranking high on organic search results will influence your audience and the reputation of your business.
- Increasing your website traffic provides you with more opportunities to drive awareness to your business and to educate them on why they should use your products or services.
- The best part of organic search is that the traffic you earn is free.
- Organic search traffic will provide you with the most cost effective form of brand attention and awareness.
- It may be hard to see organic traffic increases within the first three months of optimization.
Targeted Conversion Rates
- 39% of the total e-commerce traffic worldwide comes from search.
- 35% organic & 4% paid search.
- Paid search results gain 150% as many conversions from clicks as organic search results.
- 65% of all clicks made by users intending to make a purchase will go to search ads.
- Traffic coming from paid search is 50% more likely to buy from you than organic traffic.
- 89% of paid traffic does not get replaced by organic when the ads are paused.
- Top 3 ad spots will take 40% of your total clicks on the page.
Using Both at the Same Time
What if I used them both at the same time? To have the best possible chances of being seen in the search results, it is smart to use both paid and organic. You should use PPC to immediately gain visibility and lead customers to your website. This will increase your page’s trust score and domain strength, as long as you have highly optimized content, you will gain advantage over your competitors.