Marketing has always been about meeting your customers or clients where they are, and today, they are on the internet. The rise in internet shopping has been stratospheric over the past decade, with no signs of slowing anytime soon. A comprehensive and updated digital marketing strategy is essential to reach your target audience.
What is Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is marketing efforts aimed at achieving marketing goals through the use of digital technology. Examples include:
- A company website
- Social media business pages
- A mobile app
- Advertising on other websites and across social media platforms
- Search engine optimization that makes the content on your site easy for customers to find
What Does it Mean to go All In in Digital Marketing
Companies know that digital marketing is essential in building brand awareness. However, far too many businesses still take a scattershot approach and fail to see the results they need from their digital marketing efforts. The best possible results from digital marketing come from a cohesive approach built around the target audience and consumer behavior.
Creating a comprehensive digital marketing plan should include creating a single document that outlines your short, medium, and long-term business goals, the marketing strategies to achieve the goals, the digital channels you plan to use, and the budget and timing for implementation. A strategic digital marketing plan will include:
- The creation of a detailed analysis of your current marketing efforts and the results achieved
- Digital marketing goals
- The digital marketing strategy to be implemented, such as:
- Understanding your target audience
- Creating a social media strategy that will foster engagement and social sharing
- Implement a content creation strategy that improves SEO and drives traffic and boosts conversions
- Use email marketing to your best advantage
- Implement a way to measure results—you need to know if your digital marketing plan is working and what parts need to be tweaked. You can only get this information from comprehensive and detailed analytics that track your digital marketing efforts. Google Analytics is free, easy, and one of the most popular ways to track a digital marketing plan’s success.
The Role of Google Analytics in Digital Marketing
Tracking digital marketing efforts is becoming easier as time and technology move forward.GoogleAds, Facebook, and Twitter all have built-in analytics to make tracking their success easy. Google Analytics is a powerful tool that provides you with crucial information to help track your digital marketing efforts and understand what is working and what isn’t.
Google Analytics works effectively with other Google programs such as YouTube, Google+, Google Ads, and Search Console meaning all your relevant tracking information is in one place. In an era when technology comes and goes so quickly, you also have the reassurance that Google is here to stay, and you will not be forced to learn another analytics program when the disappear in a year.
Build Your Digital Marketing Around Your Target Audience
A detailed digital marketing plan is crucial if you are seeking to expand in the digital space. Consumers have come to expect a personalized experience and seeking brand voices that resonate with their lifestyle. Technology is an essential tool for creating personalized digital marketing campaigns to boosts your overall success.
When you invest resources into knowing your audience, you can customize your digital marketing to reach consumers interested in products or services. Targeting your audience decreases the odds of wasting advertising dollars on those with little interest in your products or services.
It doesn’t matter how many people see your advertising if it doesn’t result in conversions. Targeting your audience helps you create relevant messaging and brand awareness that will resonate with those most likely to purchase what you are selling.
Organic Content Marketing’s Role in Digital Marketing
According to various polls, internet users want to learn about products and services through content instead of traditional advertisements. Creating informative, unique, and engaging content will improve SEO and drive conversions among users who find your site through the content you produce.
The importance of SEO cannot be overstated. The first search result on Google will receive over 30% of the total traffic share for a search term.